Bronwyn Williams is back and she shares 3 key trends for cities: Haha Cities, DIY Cities and Charter Cities. We also talk about private cities, the Metaverse, crypto trends affecting cities, strategies local governments can implement to do more with less for its people, book recommendations to help us navigate what lies ahead, and much more.
– HaHa cities: Invisibly walled gardens / 15 minute cities.
– DIY cities: Hacking democracy/ citizen shadow governments.
– Charter cities: Real and unreal semi independent city states.
– Is private cities still a key trend?
– The Metaverse.
– Strategies local governments can implement to do more with less for its people.
– Book recommendations to help us navigate what lies ahead: Exit, Voice, and Loyalty(1970), Synthetic Worlds: The Business and Culture of Online Games, Better to Have Gone: Love, Death, and the Quest for Utopia in Auroville
– Key trends in the crypto space that will affect cities.
– Decentralised decision making consensus protocols
– Central bank digital currencies